Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Day I Have Been Waiting For

There were many times over the past year that I had a talk with myself, wondering when I would be able to get back training again. I knew that I would because I am a positive and determined person. The real question became WHEN ???? Thankfully I have a great deal of patience because I needed it. Today marks the end of my long patient wait, today is the WHEN day!

After some serious thought into how I would begin my journey back to fitness I came to some conclusions. 

1. I have to manage stress as I continue to heal and get well.


2. I must slowly get back into training.

3. I needed a professional to guide me through this journey.


What does this mean? Managing stress means I need to train from my awesome home gym and not be running around trying to make it to appointments. Slowly getting back into training means I needed to find someone who understood that I was still getting well as I work with my Naturopathic Doctor.  A professional meant I needed a trainer to guide me in this journey who could train me online to get me to where I want to be in the next few months. 


When I began training a few years ago I watched a video of an awesome young woman working out. I told myself and everyone around me at the time that I wanted to be like her ! I met her on several occasions and was so envious that she was able to train with the strongmen doing implement training. We connected online and have stayed in touch. Throughout my long months of illness I found her to be a great support from her posted videos of her and her clients pulling trucks and heavy lifting. Thankfully I could live through watching others do what I longed to do. She too has had her own issues with food intolerance and allergies. We seem to be the perfect match as I begin my new chapter of my life. 



Today I am having her over to look at our home gym, talk about my goals and begin to write up a program for me to follow. My husband Brandon has generously offered to make us a super healthy gluten and allergy free meal for all of us. Until then I would like to introduce to you Jennifer Mulhall, personal trainer who will be doing distance coaching with me.




Soon this will be a video of me, although I will need a little more patience for that. I will be posting today's events to mark this exciting day. Until then "Be Strong".

1 comment: