Sunday, January 29, 2012

Jane Trains Home Gym

I have had a few people ask me what type of exercise I do, therefore I decided to share my home gym with you. When Brandon my husband and I bought our first house (this house) I stood in the basement with a grey concrete floor, white painted cinder block walls and high ceilings. I was dumbfounded, I new upon my first step that this was where our home gym would be. Brandon was calling me from probably the kitchen (his favourite room) and I couldn't move as I had just found the perfect place for our home gym. My dream was coming true, a home gym to keep healthy, fit and strong.

 This is where Jane Trains. 














Brandon and I love our power rack. We knew that we would get good use out of it and how to use it, it was our main purchase when setting up our home gym. We also purchased an Olympic barbell and weights to go with our power rack. This was so exciting for us. I get excited just writing about it as I remember the feeling all too well.







We had our Sole treadmill in our living room in our rental flat from a few years back when Brandon was trying to heal after a car accident. If you buy any equipment for your home gym make sure you WILL use it and that it is of good QUALITY. Go to a reputable fitness supply store. In Ontario, Canada we use The Treadmill Factory often as it is just around the corner from our house and we have had good customer service from their staff.  




When we first began training we used free weights, changing the plates to accommodate different weights for different exercises. We lived in a rental flat and did our training in our living room, this worked well for the space. Free weights are good for many exercises when strengthening training. However, once I had the olympic barbell in my possession I wanted it in my hands when I was training, it just feels so good.

My training involves a lot of heavy lifting and conditioning. It is training that gets results, empowers me and gives me strength. Most of all I love it! I am so excited to get back on track to meet my bench press goals and dead lifting goals once again. I am inching to outdo my personal bests. It is important to have long term goals when training so you always have something to work towards, a focus and maybe even a dream. I am planning in the next while to get using my pink 25 lb kettlebells in my training also. I will share my goals with you over the next few weeks, I expect that I will be blown away by my results as I get back into training.

Before setting up a home gym you need to know what YOU want from it. What is YOUR favourite type of exercise ? How much space do you have ? Luckily we knew exactly what we wanted in our home gym, we had the space for what we wanted and we were able to buy it for our new home. Now all I need to do is getting training again and "BE STRONG".


No comments:

Post a Comment