Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's a Newell day for Jane

For months I have been focused on trying to feel just well enough so that I can get some training back into my life. Last weekend I woke up and my focus changed. My perspective was altered and I decided I needed to get my health back, period.


How do I get my health back? Simple answer, I found a new Naturopathic Doctor. My former ND moved out of province and I moved to the city of Mississauga, leaving me without my most valuable health care provider. Since moving, finding a new ND has been on my list of things to do. Last week I decided I had to finalize my decision and I did that by settling on the ND who knows food sensitivities best! 

Jen Newell ND, was chosen to be my new most valuable health care provider. http://newellnd.ca/ Thursday of this week I met with my new ND, who will be working with me to regain my health. If you have never been to an Naturopathic Doctor, it is like nothing you have ever experienced. Your first visit is at least 1 and 1/2 hours. Prior to your visit you will fill out an extremely detailed questionnaire focusing on your whole medical history. Seeing as I am so in tune with my body I was able to connect with my ND prior to our initial consult to let her know my symptoms as well as shedding some light on who I am with my blog. 

The more in touch you are with your body the better as you will give greater insight into what is really going on inside your body. It has come to be my belief that people need to learn how to read their bodies. Too many people go to their family doctor, come away with little to no answers and simply accept what the doctor says.

After countless trips to my family doctor this past spring, 5 blood tests later and no clear diagnosis of what was wrong with me, my doctor said he was "stumped". He didn't know what was wrong with me and there was no more that he could do for me and  9 months later I am still unwell.

If I chose to ignore what I was feeling or if I was simply not in touch with my own body to realize that there was something wrong, I believe this could have turned into a disease that could possibly become terminal if left diagnosed or untreated. It is my belief that most people end up going to the doctor to late when the health issue is at its worst as opposed to early on when the health issue is in the initial stages and highly treatable. When my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer he was already at stage four and it had gone into his bones, it was believed he had probably had his cancer for several years. He was not in touch with his body like I am and didn't go to see his doctor until he was really feeling unwell. Unfortunately he lost his fight with cancer in March 2011.

By being preventative with our health and in touch with our bodies you can catch a health issue before it becomes more serious and potently fatal. My health issue is now being treated and I will restore my body to its strong balanced state in a matter of time. I truly recommend that if you are unwell you should find a local Naturopathic Doctor to assist you in your journey to better health. 

Once my health is strong I will be back on the Jane Train. I look forward to sharing that journey with you as we go into the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment